Saturday, March 10, 2007

A letter from an old friend...

I was packing my room and came across my autograph book. I opened it and a letter fell out. It was from a Cambodian friend in Melbourne.

An extract of the letter wrote... "(A reflection from my journal)... I remember you as a friend who is open, honest and also stand up for what is right. I've asked God to one day make you be a woman of God who can lead a nation for the Christian community, especially those in deep hurts, deep need for God's love and healing. May you continue to be touched and experience the Holy Spirit and may God's calling be upon you. Dunno but sometimes I do dream and speak to God in my journal. :)

Love, Menga 29 April 2003

Its been almost 4 years since the letter and its quite amazing how life has been for me since. My Melbourne house-mate who is a caregroup leader told me she had a vision of me standing in front of a crowd preaching to people, sharing about the love of Christ. I'm really excited coz next year I'll be off to Hillsong Leadership College learning more about God, learning to be a better and more effective servant, fulfilling my destiny, leading that life of Significance!

Jesus, help me and teach me to be more like you... this I ask in your most precious name, Amen.

No comments: